Monday, April 23, 2007

It's True.

As the news is spreading through the community, I can confirm that (for once) the rumours are true and that I will be leaving Arkona-Ravenswood Pastoral Charge this summer. After 7 great years, the opportunity for new challenge and growth presented itself and I felt it was time to move on.

Beginning August 1, I will shift my ministry to Glencoe-Appin Pastoral Charge. Shelley and I have bought a house in Strathroy allowing us both to commute to our respective places of work.

Believe me that it is not a decision that I made lightly or rashly, it is the result of much thought, fret, worry and prayer. I have deep love and utmost respect for Arkona & Ravenswood United Churches. It is hard to leave such a positive and affirming situation.

So what's next? The next stage for the churches is to convene a committee (Joint Needs Assessment Committee, JNAC - get used to those letters) that will write a Joint Needs Assessment report detailing aspects of the congregations, churches and community. Lambton Presbytery will be in touch once the preliminary Presbytery work is completed. Once Presbytery receives, and approves, this report, the Joint Search Committee (JSC) can begin seeking out a candidate.

I know you don't like this news, but I thank you for understanding.

Blessings and hope,
Kenji