Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"Guest" Preacher on Sunday

This Sunday, I've asked a special "guest" to offer the sermon. Ralph Dailey is a member of Ravenswood United Church and a regular contributor to the Bible Study group.

He's often joked about offering a good ol'fire and brimstone pulpit pounder. (In spite of this,) I approached him about sharing some of his thoughts and convictions in worship and he readily agreed.

don Miguel Ruiz is a teacher of Toltec wisdom, a branch of ancient Mexican spiritual knowledge, and has published a popular book called The Four Agreements. Having read this book, Ralph has made it the focus of his sermon and will share some insight into living life by these four agreement.

He'll preach at Ravenswood and I'll re-present his message at Arkona. I am a firm believer that everyone has at least one sermon within them that needs to be shared; I'm glad to give someone the opportunity and support to do so. I only wish I had thought of it sooner.